Thursday, February 28, 2008

Support Navjot Kaur & Amritpal Singh !!

Vaheguruu ji ka khalsa, Vaheguruu ji ki fatehh


Please support their Ride to Conquer Cancer! Read on to see how everyone can contribute! (Any amount of donation will be much appreciated.)

----------

Navjot Kaur

Dear Family and Friends,

Many of you know about my younger sister's struggle with cancer. She passed away at a young age of 13. Since she passed away almost 4 years ago, I have been searching for a way to help families that are going through similar situations. Although I have found other ways to help, I think this is what I have been searching for. I've always felt like I couldn't do enough. Until now. I'm not a scientist and can't find a cure on my own, but I can and will be participating in an event called The Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research hospitals in the world. Through this event, I can help prevent other families from having to struggle with this disease.

The Ride to Conquer Cancer is a 2-day bike ride, over 200 kilometres, from Toronto to Niagara Falls, on June 21st and 22nd, 2008. Crazy, eh?! Me, riding 100 kilometres two days in a row, with thousands of other people. As you can image, riding that far is not going to be a simple feat for me. I'll have to train and get in shape. But I'm excited that I can finally do something this big in the fight against cancer.

I know you understand why this is so important to me, and know why I'm asking for your financial support. My goal is to raise $3,000 and I really hope you'll help me get there or hey, even beat it. It's hard asking my family and friends for money, but this cause and this event are very important to me. I hope that you can donate $100. I figure if everyone on my list donates $100, I'll meet my goal. If this isn't possible for you, I ask that you donate as much as you can, no matter how little. Every penny counts. The proceeds benefit The Princess Margaret, Canada's leading institution dedicated to cancer research.

Click the link at the bottom of this email to donate to me online. You'll also find a printed donation form on my webpage, if you prefer that. I also ask that you forward this e-mail on to people that I may have missed, and your family and friends as well. This really means a lot to my family and I.. and many other families out there. Thank you all for your support in my participation in this cycling event.

Sincerely,
Navjot Grewal

Click here to visit my personal page.


Click here to view the team page for Team IBM


----------

Amritpal Singh

Hi,

On June 20 - 22, 2008, I'll be participating in a 2-day major cycling event called The Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research hospitals in the world.

I'll be cycling over 200 kilometres that weekend, from Toronto to Niagara Falls, with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to The Princess Margaret to support cancer research, treatment, and services. The Princess Margaret is Canada's leading comprehensive institution devoted to cancer research and care, and the work they're doing is leading-edge.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,500, but I've set my personal goal to $5000.00. So here's where you come in, because I need your help to do that. Could you please consider making a donation of $100? Use the link at the bottom of this email to go visit my webpage, and please take the time to support me. Please keep in mind the commitment I'm making to end this heartbreaking disease and the personal efforts I'll have to make to accomplish this.

When I say "heartbreaking," here's what I mean: according to the National Cancer Institute of Canada, over 153,100 new cases of cancer and 70,400 deaths from cancer were estimated to occur in 2006. Men outnumber women for new cases by 5% and mortality by 11%. That's why I'm riding. To do something BIG about cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,
Amrit

Click here to visit my personal page.

Click here to view the team page for Team IBM


----------


Vaheguruuu

No comments: