Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dastaar

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Dastaar
By: Anonymous
from SikhSangat.com

Sometimes I hesitate before I face the mirror...
it's like a game with the friend you know is always right
it's like a battle with your ego and your conscience
it's like... a playful laugh... "i don't like you..."

pause...

"i love you."

it's like that.

me and my dastaar.
it's like i wake up in the morning and look skyward...
and then i look down...
and then left and right and back and forward and all i see is that...
that love, that light - omniscient and divine.

my dastaar ...
Dastaar... i cannot call it mine
anything beyond you is not yours -

A closed fist can't stop the river flow,
A wide open mouth won't drink all the rain,

I can't envelope your sunshine
I can just embrace it

The water I gather in my hands
someday slips out...

but it is that... that purity, clear and concise
nirmal, nirbhau, nirvair, nirlobh, nirlep, nirvaan
the dastaar...

they call it a crown, a symbol of
whose reign?
of majestic benevolence - the Almighty

And exhibition of grace and dignity
of honour and beauty
of balance and coordination
of direction and dedication
of belief and faith
of love and truth
the dastaar - is all these things -

I feel the light of Truth on my face... I see the waves of love overtaking me...
I feel the tears of gratitude gracing me...
I feel the challenges of life facing me...
I feel the rush of Maya chasing me..
I feel the arms of the Guru embracing me ...
with each time I tie the Dastaar.


Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

No comments: